Values and Aims
VTMH is committed to working in partnership with specialist mental health services and community organisations to promote:
Human rights by actively respecting and protecting these rights and fostering an inclusive human rights culture in Victoria.
- Equity by working with partners to develop strategies that facilitate equitable access to opportunities and community resources by all Victorians.
- Inclusiveness by supporting diversity and the right of all Victorians to participate in community life.
- Diversity by promoting the means to develop understanding of, and respect for cultural beliefs, commitments and practices
- Acceptance by promoting engagement across cultures and encounters with different values and beliefs.
- Flexibility by encouraging effective and innovative responses to diverse needs
VTMH aims to:
Assist in the development and implementation of policies related to improving culturally responsive mental health service systems
- Promote and enable the delivery of culturally responsive services
- Assist in developing a culturally responsive mental health workforce
- Facilitate the participation of consumes and carers from culturally diverse backgrounds
- Engage culturally diverse communities in improving mental health service delivery
- Provide evidence for mental health policies and practice through high quality mental health research and evaluation.