Working together to innovate in mental health care, to support the well-being of all Victorians, because diversity matters.
- human rights by actively respecting and protecting these rights and fostering an inclusive human rights culture in Victoria
- equity by working with partners to develop strategies that facilitate equitable access to opportunities and community resources by all Victorians
- inclusiveness by supporting diversity and the right of all Victorians to participate in community life
- diversity by promoting the means to develop understanding of, and respect for cultural beliefs, commitments and practices
- acceptance by promoting engagement across cultures and encounters with different values and beliefs
- flexibility by encouraging effective and innovative responses to diverse needs.
We aim to
- assist in the development and implementation of policies related to improving culturally responsive mental health service systems
- promote and enable the delivery of culturally responsive services
- assist in developing a culturally responsive mental health workforce
- facilitate the participation of consumers and carers from culturally diverse backgrounds
- engage culturally diverse communities in improving mental health service delivery
- contribute evidence and experience through high quality mental health research and evaluation.