Workshop: Community development in mental health practice (Dandenong)
Time: Registrations from 9:15am, workshop begins at 9:30am and concludes at 4:00pm.
About the workshop:
This workshop is designed to introduce mental health practitioners to community development principles and practices in mental health service delivery and recovery care.
In this workshop, participants will:
- Discuss the role of community development in relation to diversity and mental health.
- Discuss community development and its role in recovery oriented mental health care.
- Explore the role of community development in advancing the human rights of mental health consumers and carers, and issues of power.
- Explore the relationship between community development work, and the roles of practitioners.
- Discuss community development process and practice principles.
- Explore the role of community development in creating service development strategies and approaches.
- Reflect on ethical practice and challenges in community development work.
All mental health practitioners working in Victoria's specialist mental health services including case managers, psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and those working in the community managed mental health sector.
VTMH is joining forces with the Victorian Mental Health Learning and Development Clusters to deliver cultural responsiveness workshops for the mental health service workforce. This workshop is offered via the Southern Cluster. Individuals working in Victorian Mental Health Services and eligible to attend professional development as part of the North East Cluster (NEVIL), the Southern Cluster (LAMPS), and Western Cluster, are invited to register.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible to attend training through the Southern Cluster,