Workshop - Cultural Responsiveness: Introduction to Principles and Practices (Western)
Please note: This workshop has been postponed due to unforeseen circumstances. If you are interested in participating at a later date, please forward your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date and Time: Wednesday 18th April, 2018, registrations from 9:15am for a 9:30am start. Workshop to conclude by 4:00pm.
Location: Bendigo, venue to be confirmed at a later date.
VTMH is joining forces with the Victorian Learning Clusters to deliver introductory cultural responsiveness workshops for the mental health service workforce. This workshop is offered via the Western Cluster.
About the workshop:
At the end of the workshop participants will have:
- A working knowledge of key government policies and human rights legislation in relation to culturally diverse practice,
- An understanding of the importance of reflective practice in creating culturally safe spaces,
- A working knowledge of key issues in cultural diversity and the role of culture in mental health service delivery,
- An understanding of the social determinants of health, ethnicity, diversity and intersectional approaches,
- A range of practical skills to employ in delivering diversity responsive mental health interventions.
Who is the workshop intended for?
This workshop is being delivered via the Western Cluster. Individuals working in Victorian Mental Health Services and eligible to attend professional development as part of the North East Cluster (NEVIL), the Southern Cluster (LAMPS), and Western Cluster, are invited to register.
If you are unsure whether you are eligible to attend training through the Western Cluster,Registrations